In this article you can find the benefits of becoming a vegetarian (= a person who doesn’t consume meat)
- Vegetarianism has been proven to be one of the most efficient ways to achieve longevity
- It easier to avoid obesity and diabetes and it reduces adequately the risks of cancer
- Improves drastically your health and well- being
- Encourages you to adopt a healthier lifestyle, by making you want to improve other aspects too such as quit smoking or scale down alcohol consumption
- Abstaining from meat is certainly demanding but after achieving your goal, you will be overwhelmed with a sense of fulfillment and gratitude
- Plant based diets do not have to be less nutritious. You can still get all the required vitamins from other foods, such as mushrooms, spinach, legumes and eggs. As Jimmy Pierson, a father who raises his son as a vegan, said: “The vegan diet is not in any way restrictive. There are now vegan alternatives to pretty much everything”
- A recent research at The Guardian shows meat consumption has doubled over the last 50 years. If we do not make a change immediately, our planet might not be able to feed sufficiently all human population by 2050
- Based on a research conducted by the University of Chicago, an increased number of vegetarians can reduce green house emissions up to 50% or even more
- A non- vegetarian person exhales 1.5 metric tons of carbon dioxide more than a person who follows a plant-based diet, (considering they eat up the same amount of calories)
- 3 billion animals are killed every single day so that we can feed ourselves
It’s time for a change… Becoming a vegetarian is not the only way to help! You just need to consume meat moderately to have an impact.
Hodgkin, Georgia E. “Vegetarianism.” World Book Advanced, World Book, 2019, www.worldbookonline.com/advanced/article?id=ar582020.
“Feeding 10 Billion People by 2050 within Planetary Limits may..” UPI Space Daily, 16 Oct. 2018, pp. n/a. SIRS Issue Researcher, https://sks.sirs.com.
Lagnado, Lucette. “A Vegan Diet Beats A Heart-Healthy One.” Wall Street Journal, 06 Dec. 2017, pp. A.13. SIRS Issues Researcher, https://sks.sirs.com.
Huemer, Michael, and Daniel J. D’Amico. “Proposition: Libertarians should be Vegetarians.” Reason, Oct. 2018, pp. 30-32. SIRS Issues Researcher, https://sks.sirs.com.
This is very informative, however when developing you need to eat all food categories – especially milk products and eggs and consume meat rearely. If you do not have any meat in your diet you can inform your physician to monitor your health and vitamin B12 levels.
This way you can have it both ways : healthy and vegy!