It is up to us to reverse the climate crisis. Each of us individually can make a difference. Each of us can change our habits in such a way as to leave a very little negative impact on the environment. What can we do, for example, in order to reduce the amount of meat we consume and at the same time gain in taste and nutrients? This is my first suggestion; an autumn smoothie with pumpkin and spices!
- 1 small ripened banana
- 4 small fruit dates or 2 bigger ones (we can replace them with honey or maple / agave syrup)
- ½ cup boiled pumpkin (to boil it takes 10΄ if it is cut into small cubes)
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt or plain strained yogurt
- 1/2 a cup of almond milk (can be replaced with any other herbal drink of your choice or with plain cow’s milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons of nut butter of your choice (I suggest almond butter, but if you do not have this you can even add tahini or peanut butter)
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove (in quantity you put according to your preferences. CAUTION do not put too much clove because it is intense. I used more cinnamon, but you can experiment with the quantities to find the ratio that suits you)
Pour all our ingredients into the blender and mix them to make a homogeneous mixture.
Tip1: If we want the smoothie to be more of a liquid we can use more milk
Tip 2: If we want our smoothie to be sweeter we can use more date fruits or honey or maple/agave syrup
Enjoy this perfect seasonal, for gloomy days and above all eco-friendly pumpkin smoothie!